When ensuring that your home meets proper storm qualification, you must definitely include proper storm proof protection for your windows. Such safekeeping must be tested to withstand heavy winds, tough rain, debris and all of the other storm and hurricane experiences as well. There is a constant debate that will probably never die, on whether a consumer shall use accordion shutters or impact windows. Based on many valid studies, it is proven that impact windows are the most beneficial for your home. Your family will definitely be in a more grateful state when investing in such windows for their precious home.
Here is “Why Impact Windows are so Much Better Than According Shutters.
• Will not Always Provide Protection – These storm windows have to be manually opened and closed. If you’re out of town and suddenly a storm hits, chances are your windows are not being covered by those storm protection shutters, which leaves your home in a disposition.
• Provides No Sunlight – Once they are shut, there is no looking out. During a storm, it is likely that your power will go out. If this is so, during the daylight, you and your family will be cut off from natural sun light.
Well, first off, of course such storm windows allows adequate amounts of sunlight to enter a home during a day storm, as windows are installed to provide clear-view protection all year long, which makes them:
• Readily Available During an Emergency – Escape on a vacation without worrying about window storm protection.
• Energy Efficient – Protects against UV rays and various season changing extreme weathers (Hot and cold).
• Keeps Inside Comfortable – A properly installed storm window will provide additional insulation.
Yes, both are created to withstand heavy winds and debris, but in the event that a home has a collection of older and weaker windows that happens to not live up to typical force standards, has difficulty opening and closing, and other older related problems, this can result in your windows becoming even worse in condition. The accordion shutters’ pressure, from hurricane pressure winds, can have an enormous negative effect on older window’s ramshackle state.
Impact windows are shatter proof, providing extensive safety from burglars. Increases noise reduction by 65% and adds value to your home. In addition, homeowners receive better insurance premiums.
Here is a huge reason why impact windows are so much better than accordion shutters: When comparing to shutter windows, when selling your home, you are likely to see a 85% return on your investment vs. a 50% return with according shutters.
If you are in the market for storm protection for your windows, impact windows is the choice to make. They are convenient in terms of sunlight, window protection and storm preparation, and provides a great advantage of energy efficiency. When hurricane and storm season is in effect, its better to be safe than to be sorry.